Thursday, November 8, 2007

I Love New York!

I was successful getting on the Monday night redeye to LaGuardia as a non-rev, so that I could spend a couple days with my baby girl! We had a wonderful time together - did a little bit of shopping, a little bit of eating, and saw a couple Broadway shows...one of them, Hairspray, had "Norm" from Cheers as the main character's Mom (played by John Travolta in the new movie). It was a fun, fun play - but we were a bit disappointed...Lance Bass from N'Sync was supposed to be in it, but his understudy played the role of Corny Collins, instead. That made Jen sad, cause we were front row center - she had hoped to reach out and convince him that SHE is the one he's been looking for (even though he recently came out of the closet). The other show we saw was "Legally Blonde" - a bit different than the movie, but a lot of fun to watch!!!


Watching the skaters in Central Park...

I lucked out on my hotel - I stayed at The Pod Hotel (where Jen & I stayed this past August when she attended the Rockette Summer Intensive in NYC). I had reserved our "usual" - bunkbeds (yes...you read correctly) with a shared bathroom. But somehow (God was looking out for me) I ended up with a bunkbed room that had a private bath and shower! Yippee! I was thrilled. It's a cute, modern, boutique hotel that is only 4 blocks from Jen's dorm.

I start three days of reserve at midnight. I hear that things have been pretty slow for all the reserves, but that there will be lots of open flights starting around the 15th...gearing up for the holiday season!

No comments: