Saturday, February 28, 2009

What a Difference a Crew Makes!

Yesterday, I sat the couch from 6AM until Noon - it was a pleasure! Why is that? Because Wendy (a classmate) and Michael were on the couch with me, and we pretty much spent the entire six hours talking/joking/eating and talking some more. It was good.

There were several 2-day trips on the board for today that we decided we were going to bid on and "fight for" - but Michael, having the highest seniority got one of them, and the others were assigned to other senior reserves. Instead, a DCA turn for today appeared out of nowhere on my schedule. I was apprehensive, because the employee numbers of the other crewmembers were in the 700s and 1000s...I'm in the 14000s. Get the picture?

Anyway, they all made me feel a part of the team from the very start at our 6:35AM showtime. Our flight to DCA was only half-full, so we had lots of time to chat - first I chatted with Tonja and then with Lauretta. Both were curious about "the letter" that I wrote (my reputation precedes me once again), and after some good discussions, I think that they understand where I was coming from.

The return flight was close to full, but we still had time to chat about kids, hubbys, boyfriends, menopause, babies - it was a very good flight with a very good team. It reminded me how good it feels to have this job.

No comments: