Friday, February 20, 2009

The "Windy" City

Nope...I'm not in Chicago. But I AM in a very windy city...New York! It's a bit chilly here, which in itself wouldn't be bad, but the wind makes it a lot colder!

I arrived on Wednesday evening to hang out with Jen. I got to fly from Colorado Springs on Frontier's little planes for the first time! And then we took one of our Airbus 319s to NYC. When I got to NYC, it was raining and cold. I met up with Jen, grabbed a bit to eat, watched a bit of tv, and went to bed.

On Thursday, I roamed around Central Park and the Upper Eastside while Jen was in class. That evening, we headed to the theatre at Madison Square Garden where we watched Kathy Griffin. Yes, I know...her language is very crude, but if you listen to what she says, she speaks the truth - what we're all thinking, but are too nice to speak out loud!

Afterwards, we headed over to the Port Authority for the Broadway Bowling League...a really fun time with all the actors, crew, etc. from various Broadway shows. Jen bowls on the "In the Heights" team - and she did awesome! The leagues starts play at 11:30PM and end at around 2AM - the music is loud, there's lot of singing, laughing, and clapping for strikes and spares. I got to bowl with her team for the second game because one of the members left - it was a lot of fun!

This morning, we got an early start and headed to Macy's for a special one-day sale. Jen got a cute cocktail dress for 80% off the regular price! Next up, we went to Bloomingdale's where Jen got her very first "Big Brown Bag!" (She had to buy a coat to get it!) Now we're hanging out at her apartment resting up for dinner tonight - we will be meeting Jen's boyfriend, James. I have my list of questions prepared... muahahahaha!

I head back to Colorado tomorrow - originally, Jen was going to be coming back with me because we have tickets to see Celine Dion on Tuesday night in Denver (it was originally scheduled for Nov. '08, but Celine got sick and had to postpone the concert) - but we decided that it wouldn't be a good idea for Jen to miss her classes so early in the semester. Instead, one of my girlfriends will be my date for Celine's concert!

More about my grilling..I mean meeting, of the boyfriend later!

No comments: