Sunday, February 8, 2009

A Long Day!

Last night I didn't go to bed until midnight...that was a big mistake! My phone rang at 4:15AM. It was crew scheduling letting me know that they had a trip for me with a 7:30AM showtime. It was nice being able to take a leisurely shower and being able to drive a normal speed on the highway.

The first part of today's trip was a turn to Sacramento. We had a bit of excitement on the flight leaving Sacramento...we hit a flock of pigeons on take-off! None of us even knew it in the back, but the CPT and FO told me about it...fortunately, none of the birds got into the engine. Thank God! But the windshield had some bird goo on it, as did the wing, but there were no dents!

Next up was our flight to Austin - it was a good flight. As we exited the airport, there were several trees FILLED with birds...it was like something out of Alfred Hitchcock's "The Birds." I did not feel too good being near those trees...

We are now in a hotel with a view of Town Lake...but it's dark and I can barely see it. And sadly, our van leaves at 5:30AM, so it'll probably be dark when we leave. I have some fond memories of Austin from when Jen & I came out here several years ago.

We'll be back in Denver early tomorrow - the big question will be...will they release me to my days off or will they send me on a turn?

No comments: