Saturday, February 21, 2009

Change in Plans

I have a very enjoyable dinner with Jen and her boyfriend last night. I liked him! They are very lucky to have found each other in such a big city...

Last night I decided to stay another day here in NYC - Greg and the boys are in Breckenridge for the weekend, so there's no rush to go home. Also, I found out that my sisters Nancy and Diane were coming to town today to see "Guys and Dolls." What a good reason to stick around!

"Us girls" got together after everyone arrived by their respective "Plane, train or automobile (bus)." Diane flew in from VA, Nancy took the train in from NJ and I took the bus from Jen's apartment! We met at the Marriott Marquis, went across the street to Juniors for breakfast, and then took a walk over to 5th Avenue.

How many of you have been to the "American Girl Place?" OMG. I've been to the really big one in Chicago, and this one wasn't as large...but just as crazy!!! We watched dolls getting facials, haircuts, and one even got its ears pierced. We walked around there with our mouths hanging open. Then on to Rockefeller Center - there was a large crowd outside the door...I jokingly said to the doorman "Is this some kind of reality show?" and he replied, "Yes, it's an open call for the next season of 'The Biggest Loser,' but you girls don't qualify." Nice guy!

I'm now back in Jen's apartment - she and I will meet Nancy and Diane at the theatre when it lets out...then we'll head to a museum, dinner and then they'll take off by train and go back to their respective states...and I'll fly out tomorrow to head back to CO. Back to reality.

No comments: