Sunday, February 15, 2009

A Few Thoughts

Last night's trip home went smoothly. We brought back a different aircraft, and it was just the crew - no passengers. During take-off, the other two flight attendants sat in the flightdeck and then I took my turn as we were landing. Almost makes me want to learn how to fly. So cool.

Overall, it was an interesting day. I was kind of dreading it, not knowing how the other flight attendants were going to be with me...after my crewroom "talk" with one of my hate mail writers, I was a little sensitive. But I just focused on being the best flight attendant that I could be, friendly to the passengers and fellow crew members. We really did have a very good day for such a strange situation.

Since the trip got interrupted by our broken aircraft, crew scheduling removed the remainder of the trip from my schedule. The other two flight attendants and the first officer will be meeting in 45 minutes to go to Indianapolis, but another reserve has been assigned in my place. It was really nice when one of the flight attendants told me that she really wishes that I was still on the trip - I asked her if she was teasing me, but she said that she was very serious. It was a nice feeling.

No comments: