Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Celine Dion

Last night, a friend and I sat in the 14th row on the floor at the Celine Dion concert at the Pepsi Center. Jen and I were there the last time she came to Denver - October 1, 1999, when we sat in the 8th row on the floor.

What a great show. She sang some oldies and some new songs, she had dancers, musicians, and backup singers. It was a treat for the senses.

At the end of the show, these burly bodyguards asked me to wait a moment before we exited our seats, and asked me to step back inside my aisle "to make room for her to pass" - next thing I know, all the aforementioned dancers, musicians and singers paraded past where we were sitting on the way to the backstage area. And, of course, they were followed by Celine...she touched as many of the hands that were outstretched towards her as she could - mine and my friends included!

She is beautiful, about 5'8" or so, and SKINNY! She wanted to greet more people than her bodyguards wanted her to...so after accepting a bouquet of flowers from some young girls, she was swept away.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I've been catching up on your blog this morning - so glad you had a nice time with Jen (and your sisters) in NYC and so glad that you liked James. Nothing like a Mom's approval! I'm extremely jealous of you for two things, though: Kathy Griffin and Broadway Bowling! man, those sound like fun!