Friday, February 6, 2009

Are You Susan Moore?

At 0530 today, while on the employee bus from the parking lot to the terminal, I participated in the usual small talk..."Where are you going today?" My answer was "I am flying the couch!"

The flight attendant next to me was silent for a few moments and then asked me that dreaded question..."Are you Susan Moore?"

Oh Jeez. Is is going to be one of those days?!? I answered "Why yes, I am! Why do you ask?"

She replied, "Is everyone leaving you alone now?"

My answer to her was, "Yup! Things were taken out of perspective, but now things have settled down."

Man. This was not the way to start the morning...fortunately, no one else bothered me with that topic today, and there were no hate letters in my work file. Whew!

I went next door to the managers' office to let them know that I had survived the past week... and I summed things up for them. "I feel like a SuperWoman...having such an impact and being 18 from the bottom of the seniority list! WOW!"

The couch was quiet today - I watched a video, read part of a book, and ate a nice lunch, all before noon. I got released until 2200 (10PM) - there was one 3-day trip on the board for tomorrow, but I just checked and one of my buddies with more seniority got it.

Maybe I'll have a nice Saturday at home...

No comments: