Friday, May 22, 2009

Tying up Loose Ends

We're pretty much finished. Just waiting for the missing box #1 of 2 for the sideboard, and trying to figure out how to move a queen mattress/box spring, ottoman, and bedding from the West 90s to the West 30s. So far, "official moving companies" are charging $300+ and I find that a bit ridiculous. Jen still needs to hang pictures/posters, I need to change out the shower head, and there's a few things we ordered that need to be returned.

Yesterday was fun, I watched Jen play on the Broadway Softball League. "In the Heights" beat "Happiness" 15 to 1. It was fun to watch! Jen played catcher, and actually got a hit once and was able to score a run! She surely doesn't get her sports ability from me! I got to sit on the bleachers that were under shade trees, looking south towards the buildings on Central Park South, it was 77 degrees and gorgeous.

I'm not quite sure when I'll be leaving. My hubby said to stay here until next weekend. He's not in the greatest of moods because his turbine engine is broken, and he had to ship it to Mexico for repair. Instead of being sent "Next Day Air," it was sent "Slow Boat to China." He is pissed. And the US rep is not the most communicative guy, and doesn't return phone calls. So Greg is fit to be tied. He cancelled the trip to Austin, TX (where we were supposed to be now). So it's not a hard choice - stay here in NYC in a nice, quiet apartment OR be at home listening to moaning and groaning about a broken engine. He is hoping that the engine is back in his hands for a jet rally next weekend in Ft. Collins, CO.

It is Fleet Week here in NYC - the place is crawling with sailors and Marines. I told Jen she should walk the streets...

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Doesn't sound like such a hard decision to me, either: stay with your girl as long as you can! Although the last couple of weeks sounds like a lot of hard work, it also sounds like a good time, too. I'm so glad for you. We'll be here whenever you decide to mosey back this way!