Saturday, May 2, 2009

It's COLA Time Again!

My turn to Milwaukee yesterday went well. I had flown with one of the flight attendants before, and I remembered that she wasn't one of my favorites...she's not a real positive person. I overheard her on the crew bus telling a CPT that she needs to "just snap out of it!" on the way to the airport yesterday. The other flight attendant was nice, but she kept answering the phone when it rang (which was my duty), so I didn't know what was going on. Including right before we took off...the B flight attendant had a passenger who didn't feel well, and the two of them called the CPT right as he was ready to take off. Normally, I'd be the one to make the call, but I was usurped. Oh well.

But everything turned out okay. The passenger was fine and the CPT and I talked about what had transpired, and he said everything was handled the way that it should have been. He was a very good communicator when it came to discussing procedures.

Our return flight was a lot of fun. We had two guys in the exit row who were a hoot. One was getting married and the other was his best man - they were heading to Vegas for his "bachelor party." I chatted with them a little at their seat, and then one came up and talked with me for quite awhile. His fiance is a dentist in Milwaukee! Small world, huh? We mainly talked about places to travel to, as well as skiing in Colorado - he's skiied there since he was 10 years old.

There were two guys in the front row aisle seats that were traveling together. One slept for most of the flight, but the other worked on his computer after take-off. But before then, he would just sit there and stare. His eyes were intriguing...so it was good when I had duties to focus on and forget that he was sitting there staring. I don't think it was anything out of the ordinary, but his eyes were very light-colored...not very common.

As expected, I was released to my COLA after I was done. Woo hoo! But the drive home was so so slow...there was a military convoy in the right lane and the cars in the left lane didn't want to drive faster than 60 mph. Huh? Didn't they know that I wanted to get home?!?!

I've got lots of plans for May...

No comments: