Friday, May 15, 2009

Moving Day

I will summarize the past three days: packing, taping, tossing, exterminating, bending, pulling, lifting, organizing, pushing, washing, drying, folding, aching, moaning, groaning. There! I think that about says it all!

The extermination of those dreaded bedbugs took place yesterday starting at 6:30AM. Fortunately, the exterminator did not find any signs of an infestation...woo hoo! But then where did the bugs come from that bit Jen? I guess we'll never know. But those little boogers (buggers) are gone now!

We had a lazy day today, since our appointment with the movers wasn't until 3PM. But then they called at 12:45PM and said they'd be available in 45 minutes if that'd work. So we jumped in our clothes, grabbed a cab and I told him to "step on it" (he didn't).

There were three movers - the guy in charge was Omari and he was from Antigua. He looked, acted and spoke like Taye Diggs in "How Stella Got Her Groove Back." Not bad...

The entire move should have taken a total of 3 1/2 hours, but once we got to the new place, the movers "broke" the service elevator - Jen's mattress and box springs as well as some boxes were stuck in the elevator. Two hours later, they finished up the move.

The new place is awesome! I was worried that the new place wouldn't be able to fit all her "stuff" - but it did, and there's extra room left over! Such a nice change!

Well...I am falling asleep as I write this, so I think I had better go to bed...

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Ohhhhh.....I fell in love with Taye Diggs when I saw that movie. Lucky you! ::drooling""