Sunday, May 17, 2009

Jon Bon Jovi Sighting

This morning, I accompanied Jen crosstown to the 35th Street ferry that would take her to NJ for a rendezvous with my sister, Nancy. They had a planned meeting of 5 minutes where Nancy would pass Jen 'the goods' that we purchased at The Christmas Tree Store in NJ, and that Nancy has been storing for two months.

As we got off the M34 bus at the SeaStreak ferry dock, I walked past a park bench with a family sitting on it and did a doubletake. Jon Bon Jovi. Nice. He was there with his wife Dorthea and their four children - two little boys, and a teenaged boy and girl. They were also waiting for the ferry to take them back to their home in NJ. I was tempted to take Jen's place and lust after him for the next hour on the ferry ride, but decided that I should just stay in Manhattan and wander.

And wander I did. I walked from 35th Street and 1st Avenue all the way down to 1st Street and 1st Avenue. Then I walked over to 2nd Avenue and walked up it, back to 35th Street. About 70 blocks or so...it was a good walk with lots to see.

We're back at the apartment now, having successfully transferred 'the goods' - and everything is put away. It sure feels like naptime to me.

No comments: