Thursday, April 2, 2009

April is Here!

I returned to Colorado Springs on Tuesday afternoon - a bit later than I had originally planned. I'm really excelling at this "flexibility" stuff, huh?

Yesterday was my first day back "on call" - I tempted fate and ran a bunch of errands in the morning WITHOUT putting all my packed bags and uniform in the car. One of my errands was to get blood drawn in preparation for next week's physical...the phelbotomist walked in the room and told me that he won't put the tourniquet too tight on my neck. Huh? Then he said "Didn't they tell you that this blood has to be a neck draw?" I guess you should have seen my face. He let me freak for a second or two and then said "April Fools!" Boy...he sure got me!

Fortunately, I was back at home when the phone rang at around 1PM...it was crew scheduling telling me that I had a 3:30PM show time for a DCA overnight! Thank goodness they gave me that extra half hour...it was a great trip with a great crew! That makes all the difference in the world!

In the "Small World Department" I found out that the B flight attendant was roommates in the late 70s with my good friend, Sheila, who I've known since 4th grade! They both worked for the "old Frontier" - that's how this all came up. What a coincidence that was!

Unfortunately, there wasn't another trip on the board so they sent me home for 10 hours rest, and I'll be back on duty around 10PM.

No comments: