Friday, April 24, 2009

On the Road Again!

It is amazing how "out of shape" a person can get when it comes to traveling... and I don't mean "being physically out of shape." What I mean is your tolerance level for traveling. "Back in the day," I could do a 3-day with no issues whatsoever. But last night, I was EXHAUSTED by the time we got to the hotel in Orange County. I was fighting to stay awake on the way here, and I barely got myself into bed before I fell asleep. Very strange, indeed.

My turn to San Antonio went well - I was in the B position, so I didn't have much interaction with the passengers, unfortunately. There were several screaming toddlers on our way back to DEN...one was a little girl who was just precious looking. But she had a set of lungs on her...and she didn't want her seatbelt fastened. But by the end of the flight, I was praising her for being such a big girl and wearing a big girl seatbelt! She was on my next flight to Orange County, and I didn't even know it!

We had a great crew on the first turn, and kept everyone except for the C position - I've flown with her before, and she's a fun-loving gal, but has toned down some since the last time we flew - is on for the rest of the trip. The new C is a really nice gal - friendly, hard worker. All three of us make a good team, which, as I've said before, can make or break a trip...

Our CPT had been to our OC hotel before, and knew that the "good rooms" were in the next building over - there's a microwave and fridge, as well as a JETTED BATHTUB. Wow. So he called ahead, and requested rooms in the "upgraded building" and we got 'em! It's a nice room. And in looking around, it'd make a nice studio apartment!

We're here until 2PM, and then it's time to go back to the airport and fly back to DEN. More later!

No comments: