Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Downtown Dayton

I'm in the Crowne Plaza hotel in downtown Dayton, OH tonight!

The crew I am flying with is great. Both flight attendants are so nice and friendly - in fact, one of them lives within one mile of me! I'm hoping that when I get back to Denver tomorrow morning at 8AM that I get released to my days off...wouldn't that be nice! I say that because I'm going to have to get up at 0430 local time to get on the hotel van...that's 0230 Colorado time! I think I'm going to be a bit tired...

My fellow flight attendants, Jeanette and Josie, and I went out to dinner together tonight...our conversation ranged from emergency landings to menopause to bedbugs and brown recluse spiders! Whew! I sure hope that I don't have nightmares tonight.

The flight deck crew is also awesome - Stacie is a doll and is probably one of the nicest captains that I've had the pleasure to fly with. She did all kinds of things that I've never had CPTs do before - assist elderly passengers off the plane and into their wheelchairs, running back and forth to the gate desk to try and get a passenger's seat changed, filling out the hotel info sheet (usually done by the "A" flight attendant) while in the hotel van...she's very hands on. I love it!

Our passengers were an interesting lot...I had two unaccompanied minors. One 15 year old girl who needed no attention whatsoever, and a 12 year old (or so) little boy who was a tad more needy. He was seated next to an elderly lady who was returning home after spending many months with her son getting treatment for her cancer. She looked great for having been through so much and is now in remission.

Well...it's getting late. I had better get ready for bed. Before I know it, it's going to be time to get up!

No comments: