Monday, April 13, 2009

Catching up...

Not much has happened since my last post...

I have sat the 6AM to Noon shift on the couch at the airport twice since I last wrote, including this morning (so I'm a bit tired as I write this).

I had a great time on the couch, though - I sat with my classmate Wendy and Rachel from the class prior to mine - we talked for most of the six hour shift! And I just checked my schedule for tomorrow, and I actually have an overnight trip to Dayton! Yahoo! It's only my second overnight of the month, and it's at a Crowne Plaza... always a nice place to hang out.

I was pooped when I got home, but got reenergized when I looked in the mailbox. There was a large envelope addressed to Jen with a return address of the School of Visual Arts! I called her and opened it while she was on the line - she got accepted for the Fall, 2009. On top of that, they accepted 21 credits from coursework she's already completed. They may award her a few more after she completes this semester's classes at Marymount Manhattan College.

Jen's life is coming together nicely...last week she found a nice studio apartment at W. 37th Street/10th Avenue (Chelsea area of Manhattan) - it's a brand new building and she'll move in on May 15th. Her new school is on E. 23rd Street, and her job is only a few blocks north of her apartment.

I am excited about my trip tomorrow!!! I'll check in later and let you know how it goes...

No comments: