Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Bits and Pieces

On Friday, I sat the couch at DIA from Noon until 6PM, and look who I saw when I got to my car...the Easter Bunny's cousin!

I decided to spend the night in Denver, because a large snowstorm was predicted for that night, and Crew Scheduling told me that there was a 100% chance that they'd call me for a trip on Saturday. And they did! I got assigned to a Canton/Akron turn - what should have been a relatively quick day turned into a long day...it took forever to get the plane de-iced and up in the air. But we did. The crew was nice - and I actually had seniority over the "C" flight attendant! She is the bottom person on the seniority list (hopefully, not for long).

Below is a picture of DIA's infamous blue mustang. Most of us think it's creepy looking. The mustang's creator, Luis Jimenez, was killed in 2006 when the torso portion of the sculpture swung out of control and fell on him while it was being hoisted in his New Mexico studio. And to top it all off, it has red eyes that glow both during the day and night.

When I called in after my Canton/Akron trip, they told me that I was 8th on the list for a one-day trip for Palm Sunday. I really, really wanted to be home on Sunday to attend Grace Episcopal Church. Due to some unfortunate circumstances, I had been unable to worship in the Church building for 2 years, and we had our homecoming on Palm Sunday. There was nary a dry eye in the house! It was so good to be home!

The windows, the marble, everything about that Church is unforgettable. It is so good that we are finally back.

Last night, Greg and I hosted the Grace Church and St. Stephen's Episcopal Church 80906 Potluck dinner group - it's a group that's been meeting on the first Monday for the past 16 years! We've watched kids grow up and go off to college, we've lost some of our members to death, some have moved away, and we've got several original members! Here are some pics that I took at our potluck dinner:

Ron, Robin, Mary and Charlie chatting a bit before dinner.



Mary and Mary Lou enjoying some beverages.


Leigh and Kay catching up on the day's activities.


Kodi, Kikko, Elle and Greg playing around outside.


Joyce and Denis discussing high finance.



Charlie, Suzanne and Bev enjoying a laugh together.



Helen and Suzanne looking over the spread of food that we enjoyed.


Father Marty and David hanging out in the kitchen.



Bryson and Deke probably discussing music.



Bruce, Fr. Marty and David visiting before dinner.



Barbara and Charlie discussing something very important.

No comments: