Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Another Long Day

The flight back to DEN was uneventful, as were the flights to/from Portland. Our return flight from Portland had only 40 passengers, so it was really easy work. I snuck into my house at around 1:15AM and had to "wind down" before I could fall asleep.

I was thinking a lot as to why this trip wasn't as much fun as the previous one, and as I mentioned earlier, when the other two flight attendants "buddy-bid" it's tough to fit in. You're pretty much a "third-wheel." And then a few things went on that shouldn't have, and I don't like being in the position of "should I say something or should I keep quiet?" It was pretty uncomfortable.

One of the things that really ticked me off was that SOMEONE broke the seal to one of my beverage carts before I got on the plane (catering had just come and the seal was sitting on the counter, and the rest of the crew was already on board) and took a bottle of alcohol. When I asked the other ladies about it, they had nothing to say. The last time I had this issue was when I was working with a flight attendant that disliked me, and at the end of service I was missing 5 bottles of alcohol. Hmmmm. And people wonder why their meals get stolen from the freezer in the crewroom.

But I am happy to say, this "uncomfortable" feeling doesn't happen often. What I think a big part of it is, is that I've been position B during the last two trips...and that's the position with the least interaction with the passengers. I think that's what I really thrive on, and even if I have a "not-so-friendly" crew, I can make up for it by goofing off with the passengers. So...lesson learned.

Technically, I am off duty today and tomorrow, but I "picked up" a trip for tonight - a stand-up to San Jose, which will get me home tomorrow before noon. I'm trying to make a little extra money to help pay for my insurances when I take a month off. This isn't going to be the best trip, because I'll have around 6 hours in the hotel before we return to the airport. But it's a quick way to pick up a few bucks.

Well, it's almost 4PM and I'm still in my jammies...

No comments: