Tuesday, April 28, 2009

People Watching...

I had a nice day off, even though I didn't get home until close to 2AM - and slept in until 11:30AM (a new world's record for me). I guess I was tired!

On my first day back on, Crew Scheduling called at 9AM to assign me to a 2-day trip with a showtime of 2:20PM. So I wrapped up my bill paying, card sending, etc. and headed to DIA. I looked for my crew in the crewroom, they were not there. So I headed to the plane, and there they were. It was obvious that they had flown together before...'nuf said. I was the B flight attendant again, so I had my own little world to take care of and got to deal with the passengers in the back of the plane.

There was a true cowboy on board my flight from DEN to Chicago. Tall, cute, Wrangler jeans, beautiful eyes and a nice smile. He also talked like a cowboy. But he came complete with two kids, a wife and a mother-in-law. Too bad. He was pretty to look at.

On my flight from Chicago back to DEN, there was another guy on board who we couldn't take our eyes off of...a large man, long grey hair pulled back with a scrunchie, a tight beige women's top with cap sleeves and a v-neck, very hairy chest/arms/legs, large man-boobs and a bra, women's nylon shorts, and a big ole mustache. Go figure. Real nice guy, offered to buy me a drink. It figures.

Our MDW - DEN flight had some sort of mechanical problem, so we were delayed by two hours. We had hoped that operations would pull us off our SLC overnight, but they didn't. The passengers on both the DEN and SLC flights were antsy, and we tried to pacify them with free TV...but some of the DEN passengers had connecting flights that they were going to miss. All we could do was to tell them to go to the Customer Service Desk once we landed in DEN. That's the hard thing about this job - having people get mad at you about things over which you have no control. Handling that is another of the life-skills that I am learning...

We got to the hotel in Salt Lake City at around 1AM or so...and I was exhausted. I have to be honest that this trip isn't as fun as my last one. This crew is a lot younger, there are a lot of "inside jokes," and the A and C flight attendants "buddy bid" together, so they hung out for practically the entire trip. If/when I get to the point that I can buddy bid, I hope I remember that there is a third person on the team...

Our van will leave the hotel in a couple hours...and then back to DEN we go! We then have a turn to Portland, OR, which will bring us back to DEN around midnight. I'll be sneaking into my house again in the wee hours of the morning!!!

1 comment:

Elaine said...

Ooh, that "man" sounds so attractive. I wish he would have offered to buy me a drink. I would have taken him up on his offer.