Thursday, July 31, 2008

Too Good to Be True?!?!?

I heard a rumor today, that I am hoping is true...

Ladies... I heard from a source (who knows where it came from) that only 40 something people got laid off and if u got laid off u would have gotten a phone call today... if u didnt get called u r fine and they r expecting everyone to come back by the end of the year... we r supposed to get an e-mail about it tomorrow... dont quote me!!! but im still celebrating tonight = )!!!!!

I am so excited! I did not get a phone call, and I am 72 people from the bottom on the seniority list. I will be crushed if this isn't true.

I've almost got the entire top two floors of the house organized (I just need to finish the "snoring room" closet and my desk area in the office), and I am SO TIRED of throwing things out and cleaning. But it does feel good to have a nice, neat and organized home. But I'll be taking a break starting tomorrow!

My sister, Diane and her family are going to attempt to fly out here tomorrow (they're flying standby). We have got a great week planned - alligator wrestling, sand dune surfing, white water rafting, Mesa Verde touring, and Four Corners spread-eagleing! So I hope they get here!

Once they leave, I've got a week or so to get back to organizing - though I'll just be doing accounting-type stuff...and then Jen will come home for 10 days!!! She'll leave on 8/26 and I'll have a day to "get back into the swing of things" and I'll start duty again on 8/28!!!

Woo Hoo!!! It will feel so good to be back at work...

No comments: