Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Living the Dream

Well...not quite the dream! If I was back at work traveling all over the place, staying at nice hotels, THEN I'd be living the dream.

But now I am slowly organizing, sorting, de-cluttering - something I had planned on doing before I started flying, but never got around to. I've also got a TON of bookkeeping to catch up on...but I'm finding it really difficult to even start that project.

I have managed to see several friends in recent days, and have a couple more outings scheduled soon. That's been the nice part of not traveling so much. But then again I haven't seen my flying buddies. It's a tradeoff, I guess. Though I do need to go to the crewroom one of these days to pick up the manual revisions that are in my file...maybe I'll do that next week.

I fell in love yesterday with a little pug named Colin. He was at the Humane Society and someone adopted him right out from under me. Now that I'm home, we figured it'd be a good time to get a companion for Kikko and get him acclimated before it's time for me to take off again. Klee Kai and Shiba Inu puppies are WAY out of our price range, so we're focusing on rescues. We're on a list to get a dog towards the end of the month - a group from COS is heading to MO to pick up 50 dogs at a puppy mill. We'll foster for awhile, and if all works out, he'll join the family!

No comments: