Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Dem's de Breaks!

It is official...I have a "triquetral fracture" of my right wrist. It is a very common fracture, and an easy one to heal. It'll just take time. Here's what it looks like on x-rays (they look just like mine - notice the little bitty piece of bone next to the red arrow...that's the break):

I was given a choice - a cast or a splint, and I chose the splint. I had to promise to keep it on 24/7, except for when I shower, and will have to keep it on a minimum of a month, possibly more.

The doctor wrote me a Work Excuse for two months - so it looks as if I will go from medical leave to a furlough. No more flying for me.

I am sad.

1 comment:

Jen said...

oh susan what luck! I'm sorry you're hurt and on furlough. This economy is really tough on everyone!