Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Peace...

I am happy to announce that Kikko and Kodi actually started PLAYING together yesterday! Yippee!


Before playing together... ("Mr. Please Play With Me" and "Mr. Grumpypants")

Kikko has had such a sour expression on his face since we brought Kodi home and he realized that Kodi was here to stay...so yesterday, I tried an experiment. Since Kikko snaps or growls at Kodi every time that he gets near him, I figured out a way to get them both close to me - training treats!

I had them sit side by side, and said their name as I gave them a morsel. Then I graduated to putting both morsels on my hand at the same time and having them eat at the same time. Risky, I know, but I still have all my fingers!

Next, I took them outside and told them to play together. I told Kikko to "go get Kodi!" and the next thing I knew, Kikko took off after Kodi and chased him around the side of the house! I didn't hear any yipes or growls, and the next thing I see, they're on the grass, tumbling, using karate kicks, just having a grand old time!

Can we play some more?

No comments: