Thursday, July 24, 2008

More Memos...

The senior flight attendants now have the opportunity for early retirement, with the ability to retain flight benefits for a length of time determined by their years of service. This is another attempt by management to reduce the number of employees...

Also, a handbook revision went out regarding furloughs - I haven't seen it yet, but I've seen a Q&A memo about it. It seems that if I'm furloughed, I'll get 90 days of flight benefits and I'll be kept on the rehire list for five years. Though after 23 months on the list, if I'm called back I'll have to attend initial training again. Hmmmmmm.

These memos today have made it seem all too real, and have really dragged me down. That, coupled with the fact that Jen's dancing in a show tomorrow in NYC - the culmination of her summer intensive with the Rockettes...and I'm missing it. But she's there and I'm here. My heart hurts.

No comments: