Friday, August 1, 2008

The Rumor was True!

It's official. Forty-five flight attendants are being furloughed in early September...and I am currently seventy-two from the bottom. After the furlough, I'll be twenty-seven from the bottom!

To avoid furloughs in October, the company is offering COLAs (leave of absence without pay) for October and November. Their hope is that enough flight attendants will come forward so that additional furloughs will not be needed.

I cannot begin to tell you how excited I am that my medical leave is ending and that I get to go back to work on 8/28! I will not be taking a COLA, since my one-month June COLA has turned into almost three months! (Note to self: wearing slippers is not a good thing.)

A big Thank You! to everyone for your good thoughts, prayers, finger crossings, shoulders to cry on, words of support, and other acts of kindness.

No comments: