Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Killing Time...

It's late here...Jen is in the air somewhere between Dallas, TX and Newark, NJ and the Mom in me won't allow me to rest until I know she is back in her apartment in NYC. It's gonna be a long night...

Here are a couple pictures of Kikko and Kodi in the "yard" at the cabin. I bought temporary fencing last summer and set up a nice area so that we didn't have to worry about leashes getting tangled, unwanted dogs coming over to visit, etc. We take it down and store it in our shed when we aren't there - the boys love it. They'd love it even more if we had a doggie door in our screen door there!


This next photo is VERY RARE. It shows Greg R-E-L-A-X-I-N-G on our deck at the cabin. If you look closely, you'll see that he's still reading about R/C planes...but at least he's hanging out.

After I saw Jen off at the airport this evening, I came home to a nice surprise from Kodi...

He has discovered the extra rolls of toilet paper that we keep in the downstairs bathroom (as well as the roll hanging next to the toilet). He likes to bite patterns in the paper so that when you go to use it, it looks like lace. Such a creative dog!

Well, I guess I'll go get ready for bed and wait for Jen's call...it's so quiet here without her. I am officially "back at work" in 1-1/2 hours, and I have three days off until my first duty day on Sunday 8/31...hmm. Maybe I should use these three days to fly to NYC to see Jen!

Speaking of work...I am now #21 from the bottom of the seniority list of 914 flight attendants. My two lunch buddies from my training class have both moved on to bigger and better things. I'm happy for them, but bummed for me. Rumor has it that another furlough is in the works for October 1 and/or November 1...I suppose if I get another nasty WARN letter in the next couple of days, I'll know the answer. The bright side is that if I do get furloughed, I'll be able to travel on my benefits for 90 days...

Would anyone like to take a guess as to where I'll be going?

No comments: