Sunday, August 10, 2008

The Case of the Missing Bones

Rawhide dog bones have been mysteriously disappearing from this household ever since the arrival of a Klee Kai named Kodi. In fact, yesterday I handed out two bones in the morning, then the three remaining bones from my bag in the afternoon.

This morning...only two could be found. One under the dining room table and one in the backyard. Where are the other three? (Plus the several others that I have handed out in the past few weeks?)

I took a walk through the yard, looking at all Kodi's "usual" hiding places, behind bushes and trees, and in corners of the yard. Nothing.

Then I noticed Kodi sniffing at the ground by the south side of the house. He was nudging the gorilla hair mulch with his muzzle, and uncovered rawhide bone #3! He is burying the bones in the backyard!?!

I have to somehow figure out how to find the other two bones from yesterday...as well as the several others. Too bad there's not such a thing as a "bone detector," like a metal detector. That'd make my life a bit easier.

No comments: