Sunday, August 31, 2008

Standing Up in Omaha...

I am back in the air again! And I have to say, my first trip is probably one of the weirdest that I have ever been assigned!

I started out this morning at 6AM at the Denver International Airport, and was the A flight attendant on a flight to Omaha, NE. There were only 20 passengers, and the flight was only 1 hour long...a nice reentry into the working world!

But that's when it gets weird...instead of flying back to Denver, we were sent to a nice, old hotel in downtown Omaha - to spend the day! We will go back to the airport around 7PM...this is what is called a "stand-up."


I'm flying with one of my classmates, Suzette, and she and I just got back from taking a walk around the riverwalk area. We came across a "Walk for Inclusiveness" - a nice way of saying that we should welcome all immigrants, legal and not legal. We ended up as part of their walk as we walked back to the hotel, and at the end of the walk we were invited for dinner! They had some sort of chicken & rice dish...very spicy...and water!!!

The statue pictured above is dedicated to the many unions that started in this area - especially fitting since it is Labor Day weekend!

When we leave here this evening, we fly back to Denver and then on to Las Vegas! We'll get in around 10:30PM. I wonder what time the "Thunder from Down Under" showtimes are?!?

No comments: