Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Where the Heck Am I?!?

On the way to the airport this morning, my phone rang at 5AM San Diego time...it was Crew Scheduling, calling to tell me that when I arrive in DEN I am to go to my next assignment - a flight to BNA - Nashville, TN! I haven't been there since Thanksgiving Day!

The crew is crazy. I've flown with the first officer before and I've met one of the flight attendants before, but I don't think I've flown with her. The CPT is great - she writes a quick note on one of her business cards, and then we give it (along with a piece of chocolate) to each of the frequent fliers. What a great idea! I think more pilots should do that. The two other flight attendants are nuts. They're probably in their 30s or 40s and both are single. They're a bit out of my league ... there was dancing in the galleys and a game called "Who Will You Do?" Let's just say that I'm a bit too old...sad, I know. They also told everyone that it was my birthday, so as they deplaned, I got wished "Happy Birthday" over and over. It's funny, but it's not really fair to the passengers. I just hope that none of them are on tomorrow's flight - just in case it's my birthday again!

The hotel, the Millennium Maxwell House is outstanding! There's all kinds of giveaway goodies (emery board, shoe shine stuff, shampoo, conditioner, soaps, comb, razor, etc.) which I've started putting in plastic baggies and taking home - one of these days, I'll drop all my baggies off at the Battered Women's Shelter. There's also a robe and slippers, chocolates on my pillow, and a small box of Milano cookies! All for free. And most importantly, they give you a Goo Goo Cluster when you check in, along with a small bottle of Dasani water. I can hardly wait to go to sleep in the bed - it looks so comfy!

I was planning on going with everyone to dinner tonight in downtown Nashville - but no one was in the lobby at the appointed time. So, either I heard the time wrong or they changed it and I didn't hear. That's okay. It's very cold outside, and my coat is in my closet at home! Also, my clothes are not really conducive to going to a nice place. So I think I'll just order room service ... I've been having trouble staying awake since we got here, so I think I'll just go to bed early!!!

We have an early shuttle back to the airport in the morning - 4:45AM. Yikes!

2 comments:

Jen said...

i think you should send me the robe and milano cookies!

Susan said...

I ate the cookies, brought the slippers home, and left the robe in the closet! I have a sneaky suspicion that IT wasn't free to take home!