Thursday, February 14, 2008

What a Great Company!!!

Last night, I ended up doing a turn to Los Angeles...didn't know that I was going until I stepped on the plane to pre-board. The originally assigned FA was coming in late from Nashville, so they put me in his place to try and keep the plane on time. I got back to DEN around 10:30PM and spent the night at the Geyer's house...one problem though...I didn't have their key! It was on my other key ring that is at home! I realized this when I was a couple blocks from their house, and it was 11:30PM. Luckily, Herb said he was already up when he answered the phone...! I felt so bad!

I left this morning before they were up. I'm driving Jen's car because mine is in the shop, and her car was covered in ICE and snow. And no where was there an ice scraper! I did the best I could with what I had at hand, and drove to the closest service station to buy a scraper. I had to report to the Pepsi Center by 7:30AM, and I just made it!

There was a press conference with the CEO of Frontier, the governor of CO, and the mayors of Colorado Springs and Aspen, as well as about 100 or so Frontier employees. The big announcement is that Frontier was starting service to Colorado Springs, Aspen, Grand Junction and Durango, as well as Bozeman, MT, Missoula, MT, Fargo, ND, and Jackson Hole, WY! All those cities will be serviced by Lynx Aviation, our subsidiary.



To celebrate, we formed a big heart in the lobby of the Pepsi Center, using red, pink, and white balloons - atttached to each balloon was a voucher for a free ticket on Frontier Airlines. After posing for photos, we each took several balloons/vouchers and went to downtown Denver where we gave them away to unsuspecting people! The sent the ABC cameraman with me to film me handing out the vouchers, wishing people a Happy Valentine's Day from Frontier, etc. It was so much fun! I ended up having to ride with the cameraman in his vehicle, when I realized that I had drained Jen's battery by leaving the lights on! Those Infinitis don't have the automatic shut-off of headlights like Subaru does!!!



Anyway, after I played good samaritan in downtown Denver, he took me back to Jen's car and gave me a much-needed jumpstart!

I am now back in the crewroom - I've been assigned a turn to Tuscon, AZ this afternoon, and then I'll be on the late night flight to Chicago. I have called my cousin, and we'll hang out in Chicago tomorrow...I don't leave until the late afternoon to come back to Denver.

2 comments:

Jen said...

don't kill my car please.

Susan said...

Don't worry...it got a nice charge and is now good as new! In fact, I took it to the car wash when I got back home, and it's resting comfortably in the garage waiting for your return!