Saturday, February 23, 2008

Grounded!

We left Chicago yesterday and arrived back in DEN at around 9PM...For the first time, I dropped the oxygen mask during the demonstration and the FA making the announcements stated laughing and pointed it out to everyone. That is the first time that EVERYONE has paid attention to me during the demo! We continued having fun on the way home - it was a good group of passengers and a great crew to work with.

Once back in DEN, I had a few hours to take a quick nap in the crewroom then meet up with the rest of my crew going to LGA on the red-eye. They don't call it a red-eye for nothing! I served warm cookies and milk at the start of the flight, and most everyone went to sleep afterwards. The toughest chore was staying awake...

We finally got to the hotel around 7AM and I went right to bed. It was a Crowne Plaza - very, very nice. Robe, sleep well kit (ear plugs, eye mask, linen refresher, music CD), candy, and a very comfortable bed. I woke up around Noon, and then prepared to meet Jen and her boyfriend, Tom. They were coming to the hotel for lunch. I teased her via text messaging that I had a questionnaire to fill out, that her Daddy had created. I said I hoped that Tom brought his passport and latest tax return with him...!

We met in the lobby of the hotel - what a nice looking guy! He and Jen look so good together. We had a very nice lunch, with me asking the important questions that a mother needs to ask, and everything went really well. Then I took them to my room to show off the "poshness" and we talked for a few more minutes and took a quick picture of them. It was a very nice afternoon. But I was sad that I couldn't hang around longer.



Now I'm sitting on the plane - we were supposed to take off almost an hour ago, but a monitor's glass is cracked in the cockpit so we are grounded until it is replaced. Evidently a new piece of glass will arrive in an hour or so and we should be on our way. It's frustrating to be sitting on a plane so close to my little girl (well...okay, it's several miles away, but it's closer than Colorado Springs), but yet so far.

I am off on Sunday and Monday, and then on for SIX DAYS IN A ROW. This current duty was five days - and I was gone for all four nights...Fun, but now I'm tired. Time to go home and rest up.

No comments: