Friday, February 29, 2008

Sin City...

Last night I flew on a "stand-up" - an overnight flight where you get less than 8 hours of sleep between flights. We flew to Sacramento - I swapped positions with the "C" flight attendant, and got to joke around with the passengers as they boarded the plane. We got to the hotel around midnight, and the hotel shuttle picked us up at 5:15AM...

I've been hanging out at my "crash pad" this afternoon - it's a lot quieter than the crewroom, and I've got access to the tv controller!

I have a fun trip lined up for this weekend...I "deadhead" (ride as a passenger) to Las Vegas tonight - we arrive at around 11PM. Then I have free time until around 4:45PM when I have to take a shuttle back to the airport. Once there, I have been assigned to a charter flight to take the NASCAR owners, drivers, and team members back to Charlotte, NC. We'll work our butts off keeping them supplied with snacks and beer, and will arrive in CLT at around 1:30AM. Once everyone is gone, the crew will fly the plane back to DEN, arriving at around 4AM...at least I can sleep on this last leg!

It's going to be a tiring trip, but it should be a lot of fun! I know nothing about NASCAR, so I won't be starstruck in the least...

No comments: