Wednesday, February 27, 2008

On the Road Again!

Yesterday, I spent the day at home doing my taxes and sorting through all kinds of miscellaneous paperwork. I was "on duty" but never received a call - but I was all ready to go! My uniform and all its pieces were hung by the back door, my suitcase, lunchbox and tote bag were all packed! It wasn't so bad this time being "on duty" - I knew I was ready, so I relaxed and focused on the tasks at hand.

During yesterday's aggressive bid period, I applied for a 4-day trip, but I had 5 days remaining so I didn't get it. Instead, they gave me a 2-day trip. Go figure. I have to be at the airport at 1PM for a flight to Detroit. It will be my first visit to Motor City with Frontier, and I can't even remember the last time I was there as a civilian. We get in around 7PM and then leave at around 6AM - pretty close to being a "stand up" - a flight with a layover of 10 hours or less. All there's time to do is grab a quick bite, get some sleep and then hit the road again.

I have a sneaky feeling, though, that once I'm back tomorrow morning my schedule will have additional trips...maybe they'll send me back to LGA to see Jen, or maybe DCA to see my Mom and sister?!? Or maybe to TPA to see the Reese's, or maybe any other FL destination where it is nice and warm. Or maybe I might even score another 48 hours in Costa Rica...a girl can dream, can't she?

No comments: