Saturday, October 31, 2009

Tucson with Fadia, Kelly and a Mustang Convertible

Since I last wrote, I had a couple days off and then a Detroit turn on Friday. When I got back and called crew scheduling to sign out, they told me that I would be going to Tucson the next day...they said I'd be "deadheading" (in uniform, but riding as a passenger) to Tucson on Saturday morning and then working the morning flight home on Sunday morning. When I checked my schedule, I saw that I was FINALLY flying with one of my classmates, Kelly, and another of the reserve flight attendants, my friend Fadia! SCORE! Now THIS is why I became a flight attendant...to have fun with friends on layovers in nice places!

This morning we all met at DIA, had a leisurely flight to TUS and then went to the rental car desk to wheel and deal ourselves into a good deal for a car. We ended up with a white Mustang Convertible with a GPS system. FUN FUN FUN!!!

Me and Kelly with our Mustang convertible!

Kelly and Fadia eating cactus in Tombstone, AZ

We decided to take the car, set the GPS for Tombstone, AZ and go!

Of course, we had to attend one of the gunfighting shows. Kelly and Fadia are patiently awaiting the start of the Six Gun show - complete with $2 margaritas!
Here's 'Bat Masterson,' our MC, telling us about some of the scenarios we were going to see.

and 'Bat Masterson' looking sexy...

and a picture of me with part of the cast (I'm blowing the smoke off my gun and not trying to shoot myself in the head, just in case you were wondering...).

After the show, we headed down the street to the Bird Cage Theater where this gentleman was pointing out all the gunshot holes in the walls, ceiling and pictures in the lobby of the theater.

It was called the "Bird Cage" theater because the "ladies of the evening" entertained their guests in small rooms overlooking the theater, sort of like small bird cages.

Downstairs, there was the gambling parlour.

Here's a picture of me and Kelly hanging out in the gambling parlour.

In one of the girl's rooms next to the gambling parlour, you could photograph a mirror and see one of the girls in the mirror...

A lot of people were dressed up in period costumes...

...and some other costumes that we didn't quite understand.

Kelly found a nice looking guy to hang out with.

Before this picture was taken, I had gone over to this guy and leaned in as Fadia and Kelly took my picture giving him a kiss on the cheek. What I didn't know, was that a cowboy one door down was watching, and he "activated" this guy as I was kissing him - his arms and legs started moving, scaring the "poop" out of me!

Next up, we headed to the Boothill Grave Yard where we wandered around the grave markers as we read the circumstances of some of the deaths. I found these markers particularily interesting...


On the way back to Tucson, we decided to take the "scenic route" - and we enjoyed the scenery changes. It was interesting to see how the vegetation changed every so often, from cactus to trees to a combo of both. It was fun driving with the top down, but as that sun went down, we got a bit chilly and had to put the top up.

We used the GPS to find a Mexican restaurant on the way back to town, but the directions for the first restaurant we picked led us to a residential neighborhood! Then the next two or three restaurants that we tried were all fast-food Mexican Restaurants with drive-through windows. That wasn't quite what we were looking for. Finally, we found a nice place that had awesome enchiladas that I enjoyed very much!

Finally, it was time to head back to the hotel...but first, we had to figure out how to turn on the headlights of the car!!! We looked and looked and looked. We figured that if we could figure out how to put the top down, we should be able to figure out how to turn on the headlights...after we figured that out, we had to figure out how to open the gas tank, and then how to turn the map lights off! It all sounds so simple, but it was a challenge for us poor flight attendants just out for a good time in a fun car! We finally dropped the car off at the airport and walked to our nearby hotel - on the way there, I just had to take one more picture...

No comments: