Monday, October 5, 2009

The Trip from Hell

Just as I had hoped, I had an awesome 12 HOUR SLEEP in Houston! I think I was a bit tired, and I'm glad that I was able to "catch up" on some sleep (even though the experts say that doing so isn't a good thing - what do they know?!?!). I felt great!

And it's a good thing, cause when we got back to Denver I had to jump off one plane and run to catch another. I was going to Portland, OR again, but this time I got to stay for 12 hours. Well...let's just say that the flight is not one that I'll soon forget. One of our flight attendants fell ill, and things just didn't go entirely the way that they should have. Fortunately, our flight attendant is a lot better now. Thank goodness. I have filed my "Inflight Incident Report," and I guess I'll just wait and see if there are any repercussions down the road.

I don't know what it is about staying overnight in Portland and having a medical emergency on the way there - that's the second time for each. Hmmmm. That leads me to believe that maybe I should stop doing Portland overnights...that wouldn't break my heart. The hotel we stay at is not very nice. The pool is inside, near the main lobby and restaurant. Also, the carpeting by the bathroom door in my room was wet. I threw down two bath towels to soak up the water! If I hadn't been so tired, I would have requested to be moved to a different room.

I'm already at 30 hours for the month, and it is only the 5th. Wow. I'm tired. I've got two days off now, and the second half of my second day will be spent in Denver at our General Office learning about how to support our employees in case of a disaster. It should be very interesting.

In the meantime, I'm trying to wind down from the past two days' experiences...it's almost midnight and I'm just now starting to yawn. Finally!

No comments: