Thursday, October 1, 2009

Quadruple Whammy!

Since I last wrote, I finished up my Orlando overnight, followed that with a 10 hour overnight in Las Vegas, and then a turn to Milwaukee. Then I got two days off...or so I thought...

At 6:30PM on Wednesday night, I was sitting at my computer minding my own business. I was also unpacked and doing laundry. I was to go back on duty at midnight. WRONG. I got a call from crew scheduling, "junior manning" me - this is a little technique they use to make you work on your day off (if you are dumb enough to answer the phone or if you forget to tell them you'd been drinking (even if you hadn't)).

Not only was it a junior assignment, it was also a short-call (less than two hours notice), as well as a stand-up (where you spend less than 6 hours at a hotel). I got 4 1/2 hours sleep last night - and I'm headed to the couch as soon as I finish this post.

To top it all off, we also had a "medical" situation...and the paramedics met our plane at the gate in Portland. I hope our passenger was alright.

But I'm saving the best news of all for last...I guess I did such a great job, that they gave me ANOTHER stand-up for tonight! Lucky me! I am so exhausted...I could fall asleep right this moment...

No comments: