Saturday, June 14, 2008

Yesterday

Yesterday is a blur. I woke up at 3:40AM (DC time) and drove to Diane's house to pick her and her family up and drive them to the airport. Then I drove back to Mom's, put the finishing touches on my face, and then she and I drove back to Diane's to pick up my cousins Pat and Rory, and ended up back at the airport!

This time, I got out, too...everyone else we brought to the airport was heading to Nassau, but I was heading back to CO with my in-laws. They arrived soon after and we played "the waiting game" wondering if we were all going to be able to squeeze onto the flight. SUCCESS!

I gave (Hershey's) kisses to each of the crewmembers as a thank you for the ride, and we were on our way. But once we were back in CO, I realized I still had to drive to Colorado Springs! I took my in-laws on a harrowing ride...weaving in and out of traffic, speeding up to 84mph and down to whatever the hog in the left lane felt like driving, all in my quest to return home. Yikes!

Once home, we visited Safeway to plan that evening's meal (Crockpot Classics are a LIFESAVER), and then I tried to stay awake for the rest of the evening. Greg arrived home at around 6:45PM or so, dinner was at 7:15PM or so, and I was in bed at around 9PM or so. I don't quite remember getting ready.

But today is a new day! Everyone is up and about...and I'm not sure what the plans are for the day. Stay tuned!

No comments: