Saturday, June 7, 2008

6th Day of 29 Days

I drove to DIA via Boulder (or was it Wyoming?!?!) to pick up Jen on Thursday afternoon. The reason for the "long way around" was that I had an errand in Boulder - which took me exactly 10 minutes to complete! But I did learn that Boulder is only 1/2 hour from the airport. Amazing.

Jen and I are enjoying each other's company - watching "The Gilmore Girls" and just hanging out. We went to see the "Sex and the City" movie yesterday - it was her 3rd time and my 2nd. Hopefully, she and Greg will spend some time together today and tomorrow - I think we'll celebrate Father's Day early and go out to dinner on Sunday!



We had a bit of neighborhood excitement yesterday - a brush fire started in a gully up the hill from us in the afternoon, and by nightfall was hopefully put out. It got within 300 yards of homes (that are about a mile away from us)...I noticed the smoke when a plane flew VERY LOW over our home - it turns out that it had fire retardant that it dropped on the fire. Never a dull moment, huh?

No comments: