Thursday, June 26, 2008

DEVASTATION

Frontier Airlines announced yesterday that we are facing a reduction in our fleet, as well as a 17% across the board reduction in force. It looks like at least 170 flight attendants will be furloughed (rehired at a later date). I guess that's better than in the other departments...they are being terminated.

It is so, so sad. My eyes kept tearing up when I was in the crewroom - our VP - Inflight was there answering questions, and it sounds like it's a done deal. She's going to try and make it voluntary, but I doubt seriously that they'll get enough people willing to take an early retirement. I am 79 from the bottom of 1037 flight attendants, and am pretty sure that I will soon be without this wonderful job.

So I am grieving the news today, and know that one of these days that I will pick myself up, brush myself off, and move on to something bigger and better. Maybe I'll become a Circus Clown, a Cruise Line Director, or maybe an Underwater Basket Weaver.

Any ideas?

1 comment:

Jen said...

It's awful all the cuts and economy related prices. I hope you can keep your job, it does sound like fun and has some great perks!
Thanks for you comment!