Tuesday, June 10, 2008

100 Degrees in the Shade

Yes...you read the title correctly. It was 100 degrees in the shade today here in Virginia. And that is not even taking the humidity level into consideration...

I played BINGO at the Wrinkle Club (officially known as the 55+ Club) with my Mom (she's the President), and I actually won $3!!! There was a short meeting, then everyone ate their lunches and snacks, and then we played BINGO (the part that Mom HATES with a passion - I, however, enjoy it!).

Afterwards, we came back to the apartment and took naps. Ah...the joys of being old. Naps are allowed. We then went to our favorite Chinese buffet for dinner, ran a couple errands, and then settled in for the night at her apartment.

Of course, the settling in part includes playing cards. Tonight we played 65. We actually tied for the first game, but then she beat me badly in the second game. So I'm now going to go to bed, defeated and sad. Boo hoo hoo.

No comments: