Sunday, June 22, 2008

What a Weekend!

On Friday, I got the extra jumpseat on the flight to Chicago...! Whew! There are perks to being a flight attendant.

The wedding yesterday was gorgeous. I will post some pictures soon. The reception was at this fantastic place in Frankfort, IL - it was a large building with walls that opened - so it was an indoor/outdoor party. Open bar, dance floor, delicious buffet, firepit, waterfall & pond, gazebos. And it was a beautiful evening weatherwise. I caught up with most of my first cousins, hung out with a few of their kids, and ate delicious wedding cake and candy from the Candy Bar!

I spent a portion of this morning with my long-time friend Joan - she picked me up at Midway airport and drove me to O'Hare. We stopped for breakfast along the way, so we had a nice, but short, visit. At O'Hare, I visited the concourses where US Airways, Delta, American and JetBlue have their gates and tried unsuccessfully to get on a flight to NYC. Each of those carriers had cancelled a flight to NYC today!!! So all their remaining flights were packed.

So then I took the train from O'Hare to Midway - at one point, we had to get off the train, get on a bus, and then get back on the train...the line was under construction! Anyway, when I got back to Midway I tried to get on two different Delta flights to NYC, but they had also cancelled an earlier flight and were begging people to give up their seats. What the heck is going on?!?!

But I did get a regular seat on Frontier back to Denver. Then I went to another concourse to see if there were any more flights to NYC today - JetBlue had one...but they cancelled it!!! So...I went to the Frontier counter and found out that our redeye flight (leaves DEN at 12:35AM and arrives around 6AM) is overbooked by two seats and has 5 standbys, none of whom are flight attendants...so I am planning to fly the jumpseat...that is not going to be pleasant on an overnight flight. But at least I will get to NYC.

I had better go take a nap...

No comments: