Sunday, December 2, 2007

An Unexpected Treat

There I was, riding the couch from Noon to 6PM yesterday, the second day of my five duty days. About an hour after I got to DIA, I received "the call"...you and the other two couch riders will be going to Ft. Myers, FL! Yippee!

It was snowy and cold in Denver, and sunny and hot in Ft. Myers. When we got into town around midnight local time, the crew sat by the pool for several hours telling war stories and learning about each other. We had a moment of silence for the flight crew that was supposed to be on our flight - they were stuck in Chicago in a snowstorm!!! Tough luck, huh?

We will be back in Denver later tonight, and so far I think I'll be off. There are only a few open jobs available for tomorrow and Tuesday, so I doubt I'll be sent out again. This is a traditionally slow week in the industry...

As expected, it is very hot here! We are about 12 miles from the beach, and it is so tempting to go there, but it's also so tempting to just hang out at the hotel and RELAX. What a dilemma!

No comments: