Tuesday, December 11, 2007

From One Extreme to Another

I ventured out yesterday afternoon - it was GORGEOUS outside. About 79 degrees and a gentle breeze...I walked on the Riverwalk that was right outside the hotel...then I walked across the bridge over the Jacksonville River so that I could take a look at the Jacksonville Landing...let's just say that it is not even an iota as nice as Baltimore's Inner Harbor! After grabbing a bite to eat at their Food Court, I took the water taxi back across the river to the dock by the hotel.

Since it was still early, I decided to walk in the opposite direction and boy...am I glad that I did! First, I found a great consignment shop that had really cute things. Then I walked another mile or so down the road and entered a little village called "San Marco." The Church bells were playing a song, there were Christmas decorations everywhere, there was a little town "square" (it was really a triangle) and lots of little shops and bistros. It was so beautiful!

I stopped in a couple of the shops, including The Snob Shop - an upscale consignment shop. Let's just say that it was a GOOD THING that Jen wasn't with me...they had tons of designer purses and shoes, as well as articles of clothing...if she had the cash, she'd buy up the store! There were other cute shops along the street and it was fun to window shop.

We flew out this morning at 6AM - it was probably in the 60s and foggy in Florida and in the 20s and snowing in Denver! I called Crew Scheduling when I arrived and they released me for the rest of the day!!! So I carefully drove home...the roads were horrid, but I made it! I am now off until Saturday morning at 12:01AM. I need this time to do Christmas Cards and a Christmas letter (I think I am going to skip the poem this year...after all, I am a working woman!!!), not to mention doing some Christmas shopping!

No comments: