Monday, December 17, 2007

Back in the Air

After my first sick day, I felt well enough to go back in the air! I agressively bid on two different four-day trips, but did not get assigned to either. But...another one appeared out of no where and crew scheduling gave it to me! So early (3:30AM) yesterday morning I left my warm home and drove to the airport in Denver!

First, I had a turn to/from Indianapolis, and then a trip to Dallas, TX. The crew that I flew with was great! The captain has been (and still may be) the most senior of all the pilots, and the forward flight attendant was on her first flight! I actually was able to guide her and impart my wisdom...I'm no longer low seniority! All of us, except for the captain (his Mom is in the hospital and he wanted to stay close to a phone) had dinner together at Bennigan's. It was fun just hanging out. The aft attendant has been with the company for 7 years, so I have been able to get lots of wonderful tips from her.

Then early this morning we left Dallas (where I got to fit 2000 carry-on bags into the 30 overhead bins and I did it!!!) and flew back to Denver...an hour later we left for Seattle, WA with a different captain and a different forward attendant. What a great flight that was...I "bonded" with this one couple - I kept dropping blankets/pillows and headsets on him (unintentionally). He was seated right below the storage bin. Poor guy. But I made light of it, teased them, goofed off, etc. and kept them laughing! At the end of the flight, they came to me and thanked me over and over for a wonderful flight! They said that I had made it SO FUN!

At the hotel, I checked in and went right to the bar to have a bowl of clam chowder! Yummy!!! I've stayed in my room since then...I finished our Christmas cards and am going to go to bed early! We leave the hotel at 5AM to fly back to Denver.

Originally, I was assigned to fly to San Antonio, TX with the same crew (except for the captain), but I just checked my schedule online, and for some reason (probably at the request of a higher seniority FA who lost hours due to schedule changes) they took me off the last night of the trip. So now I am hoping that they just send me home and prepare for Jen's homecoming on Wednesday! Time will tell...

No comments: