Saturday, December 22, 2007

I Am Still Alive (Barely)

I got back from Tampa, FL on Wednesday morning 12/19, and expected to be put on couch duty until noon...but when I called in, they put me on phone duty until 2:15PM - all I had to do was be near my phone and be ready to come in in a moment's notice. So I sat around the crew lounge until noon, and then felt brave enough to venture towards home.

I stopped at the Container Store by Park Meadows Mall in Denver (I LOVE that store!) and did a little Christmas shopping...then hopped back in the car to drive to the Colorado Springs Airport to pick up Jen!

We've had a nice couple days of visiting, and even celebrated Christmas this morning - opening all our gifts from our family and friends! Then I planned on cooking our traditional turkey dinner tonight, but have come to realize that I don't feel good...AGAIN! I thought I was getting all better, but this morning I'm running a fever, my face hurts and my head hurts. I saw a doctor and have been diagnosed with sinusitis. He doesn't feel that there's a problem flying, but I do. So I already called in sick for tomorrow, and hope that the antibiotic he prescribed kicks in soon.

So Jen generously volunteered to cook dinner - the infamous Chicken Parmagiana that she makes for her babysitting client! And I'll make our traditional dinner tomorrow. My goal is to take a day to relax and get better before I fly high again! They are severely short of flight attendants for the next few days...and I don't want to make that situation worse, but I don't want to compromise my health in doing so.

So, gosh darn it, I'll have to sit around and nap, and maybe watch movies with my daughter. Darn!

No comments: