Monday, December 10, 2007

Sunny Florida

I got to see a few classmates last night in the crewroom, including my buddy E.C. (he flew his family of SEVEN to Detroit for lunch after he graduated!). My crew was already on the plane - they had just finished a Las Vegas turn.

It was a quiet, almost uneventful flight - there were about 40 passengers...most did not even want a beverage - they just went to sleep! So I spent most of the flight reading. The reason I said "almost uneventful" was because we almost got diverted to Orlando! There was lots of fog in Jacksonville and the auto-pilot ground system in JAX was not working!!! Fortunately, they finally got it working and we landed about 20 minutes late.

By the time I got to my hotel room, it was around 6:30AM local time and I slept until about 12:30PM. I've been hanging out in the room and now getting ready to venture out. We're right by the Jacksonville Landing, which is modeled after Baltimore's Inner Harbor. It'll be nice to go outside and walk around.

But it'll be early to bed tonight! We have to be in the lobby to catch the shuttle back to the airport at 4:30AM...yikes!

No comments: