Thursday, December 27, 2007

Buenos Dias!

My evening in Salt Lake City went very well - we arrived at around 10PM, and the Red Lion hotel (INCREDIBLE BEDS) treated all the flight crews to a turkey dinner with all the trimmings! Again, I staggered off to bed with a full tummy...

When I arrived back in Denver at 8:30AM, I found out that I had a showtime in one hour for a turn to Guadalajara, Mexico! My first Frontier flight to Mexico! I was assigned the "C" position, but had to trade to the "B" position because I am not a fluent Spanish speaker.

Traveling to Mexico is a whole 'nother animal. The passengers didn't seem to understand English OR Spanish...we think that they were in their own little world, governed by bells and lights. When the "fasten seatbelt" sign was illuminated, they'd get up to go potty...including as we were still taking off or landing! One "ugly American" guy was a nasty sum b*tch, moaning and groaning and being generally not-so-nice. I just smiled, told him that I was sorry that he was unhappy, and turned and walked away!

But, on the other hand, I got to practice my Spanish (I have a Spanish language course on CD that I'm listening to as I drive to/from Denver) with a little girl about 6 years old! I forgot most everything I had learned, but at least I was able to tell her that I can speak a little Spanish!

Since it was my first flight to Mexico, I was confused about all the forms, procedures, etc. But when I go again, it should go a lot smoother. When we landed in Mexico, a bunch of security guards and plane cleaners boarded through the back door - I had to seal off all my cabinets, and then watch as they tore the airplane apart. I have to give them credit...they put everything back together really nicely, and then new passengers boarded.

Though I am looking forward to one of the Mexico trips where we have a layover - can you spell R-E-L-A-X-A-T-I-O-N?

Speaking of which, I am off today and tomorrow. My management team called yesterday and left a message asking me to work my days off - there is a critical shortage of flight attendants, and they want to avoid having to cancel flights (like some other airline...). But I just CANNOT do it. I am SO TIRED, and I want to hang out with Jen while she's still in town.

No comments: