Tuesday, December 18, 2007

An Unexpected Surprise

When I got back to Denver, I called crew scheduling to check in and was told that the reason that I was taken off the San Antonio list was that the person who I was replacing had called in "well." So instead, they assigned me to an overnight trip to Tampa, FL. Nice!

I called my friends John & Jeanette to see if they were busy tonight...luckily, they had some time to spend with me!! Jeanette fed me some dinner, their son Hamilton kept me entertained, and John spent time with me after he finished his evening class.

Jeanette and I took a walk with Hamilton around the island on which she and John live...seeing Christmas lights on palm trees is wild! But what a beautiful setting...


I did have a disabled girl "freak out" on a flight this evening - she is mentally challenged and did not react well to the bumps we experienced in the air. She was traveling alone and was totally scared. I arranged for another passenger to sit with her and keep her calm until we landed. It was an interesting event.

No comments: