Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas from Chicago! I arrived here yesterday afternoon with my crew and checked into our hotel. Then Randy, my cousin, came and picked me up and brought me to his house for the evening. When I told him that I was coming into town, he refused to let me stay the night at the hotel...he insisted that I stay in their guest room and celebrate Christmas Eve with him and his family. It was WONDERFUL.

We started out by going to Mass at 6PM, followed by a gourmet meal of lobster tail and filet mignon! Boy...I could sure get used to that! Afterwards, it was time to open presents - there were even some presents for me! What a nice surprise! Everything was opened by around 2AM and I staggered off to bed...and slept incredibly well.

Now I am back at the hotel, waiting to take the shuttle bus back to the airport. Last I checked, I had a 3 hour layover in Denver, and then I deadhead (ride as a passenger) to Salt Lake City. Tomorrow morning I work the first flight back to Denver, and then I get to see what Crew Scheduling has for me...hopefully, they'll release me to my days off so that I can go home and hang out with Jen, Greg & Kikko!

No comments: