Wednesday, October 17, 2007

What a Great Day it Was!

Well, I did it. Yesterday, my class of 37 graduated. Boy, was it a tough road...but we pulled together, helped each other out, and came out as flight attendants!

On the way to the office yesterday morning, I was all decked out in my uniform (sans wings). I started to get nervous...I'm not sure why. There was no reason to be nervous - all the tests are behind me, and I was just on my way to the office for a couple lectures and then graduation. But worry still took ahold of me. And then guess what happened? My Dad popped in again. The next thing I knew, "Don't Worry, Be Happy!" came on the radio. Now tell me, how many times have YOU heard that song in the past month?!?! I listened to the words and realized that there was nothing to worry about...the hard part is in the past. Enjoy this day - we've earned it!

The ceremony was very nice. Friends and relatives of all the graduates filled our little auditorium. Greg was there, as were Herb & Rovene (my surrogate parents for the past 4 1/2 weeks). The CEO spoke, as did the VP of Inflight. And then from the training department we had a few speakers...it was a wonderful event. I had asked Greg to pin my wings on me, and he did so proudly. A lot of people supported me in this venture, and my deepest thanks go to all of them!

So now I get a few days off to readjust to "normal life." My next flight is on Saturday, and my check flight attendant will have me walk her through all the steps of being the "A" flight attendant, and then on the return flight I will be the "B" flight attendant, all the while being reviewed. I could be definitely freaked out by all this, but I've been trained well and I KNOW that I KNOW all this stuff.

I hope to start traveling soon (for fun) - but fortunately for my airline and unfortunately for me, the seats are pretty filled on almost all the flights! But after my check flight on Saturday, I will OFFICIALLY be OFFICIAL and will be able to ride on the extra flight attendant jumpseat! So as long as a flight attendant with more seniority doesn't bump me...I should be good to go! Also, the training department gave us a certificate to allow us to take one one-way flight in the COCKPIT! Let's just say that Greg wishes he could use that instead of me...

No comments: